1. Which type of consultation model did Nurse Ann use? Explain your answer.
2. What can Nurse Ann do to reduce for other school nurses the confusion that surrounds delegation in school nursing?
3. What should Nurse Ann do to communicate effectively with the nurses and families whom she encounters?
CASE # 9: ABOUT FORENSIC NURSING IN THE COMMUNITY
Amanda J. is a forensic nurse who has been trained as a sexual assault nurse examiner (SANE). Amanda works part-time in the emergency room, where she occasionally examines victims of rape and sexual assault. Amanda also works part-time as a consultant for a local domestic-violence shelter for women and children. Every year Nurse Amanda helps to organize a Walk to Prevent Domestic Violence in her community. Proceeds raised from the walk go toward the domestic-violence shelter. Nurse Amanda provides literature about domestic violence at the walk as well as at other organizations in town.
1. Which levels of prevention does Nurse Amanda address in her practice?
A. Primary only
B. Secondary only
C. Tertiary only
D. Two of the above
E. All of the above
F. None of the above
2. What are the most common types of trace evidence of victims of violence, including those who are raped?
3. The concepts in forensic nursing theory include, but are not confined to, safety, injury, presence, perceptivity, victimization, and justice. How might Nurse Amanda address these concepts in her nursing practice?