Conflict Criminology and Sociology
The concept of critical criminology has been prevalent among criminologists for decades. A derivative of Marxist Theory, the primary focus of conflict criminology is the disparities linked to economic, social, and political affiliation. Chapter 8 in your primary textbook and the Karl Marx & conflict theory (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. video discuss social conflict and critical criminology (Siegel, 2015, & CrashCourse, 2017).
In your paper
- Explain how conflict theory is related to both criminology and sociology using appropriate terminology.
- Discuss how politics play a role in conflict theory using appropriate terminology.
- Discuss how politics influence crime rates of the lower class using appropriate terminology.
- Evaluate various sociological schools of crime causation using appropriate terminology.
Your paper must
- Be three to five double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..
- Include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Use at least five scholarly sources in addition to the course text and the article being evaluated.
- Document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment