- Identify the three alternatives available to Appshop.
- Develop a model to help Appshop pick an alternative.
- In your case report, describe the three alternatives, the model and the analysis.
- Provide a recommendation and explain your choice based on risk and returns.
Please turn in a 3-6 page report using 1.5 line spacing, 12-point font, and one-inch margins. Include –
• A clearly-written one-page executive summary using non-technical language to entice the reader to read the analysis section. The executive summary should include
§ a brief description of the problem, the context and the key trade-offs
§ your recommendation
§ how the results of your sensitivity analysis tie into your recommendation (if relevant)
• A thorough description of the analysis of the case (maximum of four pages), including appropriate references to supporting items in the appendix, and
• An appendix containing any supporting charts, tables, figures, or equations
Some guidelines on what a great case report looks like:
A great case report
§ is based on a correct model
§ has a clear exec summary that includes the content described above
§ provides a clear synthesis of the analysis that goes beyond repeated case facts
§ explains the recommendation and also describes what the subsequent decisions are depending on how uncertainties are resolved. For example,
o Recommendation: The firm should drill the test well.
o Subsequent decisions: If oil is not found in the test well the firm should not proceed with the main well.
§ all figures and tables are clearly referenced in the text, tables and graphs are well formatted and labeled to make it easy for the reader to understand them
§ is free of typos and grammatical errors