Social Responsibility Assessment
This assignment will be assigned a grade for our class. It is worth ____ points.
This assignment will also be used for a college-wide state required assessment.
The student’s full name and CWID should be at the top of their assignment.
First: Choose 1 of the 4 Interest Groups to create a 10 paragraph paper. (1 paragraph per question or on paragraph per header which address the prompts under the specific header) The paper must be typed, double spaced and MLA format. Please provide a Works Cited at the end.
- The National Rifle Association (NRA)
- International Chamber of Commerce
- The National Organization for Women (NOW)
Second: Address each of the 10 prompts using these headers. Use a full and complete paragraph for each prompt:
Intercultural Competence (header)
[Analyze the contrasting outlooks, perspectives and value sets of various cultures]
- Describe the organization. What is their issue and why is it important to “the greater good”?
- Find a competing group (either a group on the opposite side of the issue or a group that is competing with them for resources) and describe them.
- National Rifle Association opposition group: Coalition to Stop Gun Violence
- Greenpeace opposition group: Alliance for America
- The National Organization of Women (NOW) opposition group: Concern Women for America
- International Chamber of Commerce competition: United States Council for International Business.
- Which group is doing better to secure resources and accomplish their goal?
- Name one situation where your group opponent has a good point and might be winning the debate.
Knowledge of Civic Responsibility (header)
[Shows in-depth ability to analyze the effects of an individual carrying out civic responsibility and the effects of not doing so]
- What do they ask for from their members?
- What do they give their members in selective incentives to be a part of their effort?
- If you were a believer in this issue, why would it be important to be a member of this group?
Engaging effectively in regional, national, and global communities (header)
[In-depth analysis of regional, national and/or global communities’ or organizations’ abilities to solve specific problems. Cite real life examples or evidence that demonstrate engagement]
- What are some different issues this group faces when they operate locally with in the United States, nationally and internationally?
- How is the group a social group and how is it a political group?
- What happens to this group and it’s issue if people don’t get involved?
Works Cited page in MLA format.