Assignment 2: Religious Health
Due Week 8 and worth 200 points
Religious Health Care
operates in a community of 225,000, called Middleville. Summary statistics on
Religious and its competitors, from the AHA Guide, are shown in Table 1. All of
the organizations in the area are not-for-profit. Although Samaritan Hospital
and Protestant Hospital have religious origins, they now view themselves as
secular, not-for-profit organizations.
Table 1: Middleville Health Care
governing board of Religious hired a consulting company to evaluate its
strategic performance. As part of the consultant’s evaluation, several leaders
of Religious’ units were asked their perspective of the organization’s
You are working for the consultant. Your job is to identify
the issues from the response that should be considered further by the consultant
team and possibly discussed with the governing board and the CEO. The firm has a
rule, “Never offer a criticism or negative finding without suggesting how the
client organization can correct it,” so you must indicate what sort of
correction would be recommended as part of your list. Because you know there
were about two dozen other interviews, you decide you should rank your issues in
importance, to make sure the most critical are discussed.
Write a six to
eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Describe the five (5) important elements of the governing board’ s agenda
for areas of improvement in core functions.
- Many organizations now use a balanced scorecard or multiple dimensions of
performance measurement, such as productivity, profit, market trends, quality,
patient satisfaction, and worker satisfaction. Describe three (3) key
performance dimensions (other than those mentioned here) and include specific
measures that Religious Health Care could use to improve overall institutional
- Determine the performance measures Religious Health Care could use to
evaluate nursing staff performance in its Emergency Room. Explain the rationale
for each performance measure.
- Suggest the steps that should be taken next by Religious Health Care to get
better at managing specific patient groups. Explain the rationale for each
- Decide what strategies Religious Health Care could implement to enhance its
public image and increase market share. Explain the rationale for each
- Describe two (2) technology-based data-collection strategies that Religious
Health Care could use to conduct an internal management audit.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not
qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch
margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format.
Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s
name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and
the reference page are not included in the required page length.
specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Explain how public policy has shaped the development of the U.S. healthcare
- Examine how healthcare management concepts and theories are applied to
critical issues in healthcare organizations.
- Analyze the critical management issues, purpose, functions, and performance
measures of different departments within healthcare organizations.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in health
services organization management.
- Write clearly and concisely about health services organization management
using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be
based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and
writing skills, using the following rubric.
Click here to view the grading rubric.