For this Assignment, you will examine qualitative and quantitative data collections approaches in a 3-5 page expository paper. Be sure to address the following in your paper:
Part 1. Differentiate between quantitative and qualitative data collection approaches.
- Explain what each approach entails.
- Describe two benefits and two limitations of each approach.
- Analyze the major differences between the two approaches.
Part 2. Choose a research topic that is of interest to you. Briefly describe the topic.
- Develop a research question you could address using a qualitative approach. Explain what you would expect to learn about the topic using this approach.
- Develop a research question you could address using a quantitative approach. Explain what you would expect to learn about the topic using this approach.
- Discuss two limitations of each approach to understanding the research topic.
The Assignment should:
- Utilize a minimum of three peer-reviewed sources outside of your textbook to support your paper.
- Follow Assignment directions (review grading rubric for best results).
- Use correct APA formatting per the current APA Publication Manual.
- Demonstrate college-level communication through the composition of original materials in Standard English.
- Be written in Standard English and be clear, specific, and error-free.
Your paper should include:
- Title Page
- Main Body of the paper
- Reference Page
- 3-5 Pages in length
Submitting your Assignment
Put your Assignment in a Word document. Save it in a location that you will remember and with your full name along with the class number. When you are ready to submit it to the unit Dropbox. You should revisit the Dropbox to view any helpful feedback your instructor has left for you.