Assignment 1: Discussion—Information Gathering and Ethics in Marketing
Using the Argosy University online library resources or the Internet, research and read two articles on information gathering and ethics in marketing.
Respond to the following question:
- What ethical dilemmas do marketing professionals face in gathering information on customer bases through smartphones and social media?
- By the due date assigned, in a minimum of 500 words, summarize and post your responses to this Discussion Area. Support your work by citing sources according to APA standards.
- Through the end of the module, respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts and respond by drawing comparisons between their posts and yours.
Write your initial response in 300–500 words. Your response should be thorough and address all components of the discussion question in detail, include citations of all sources, where needed, according to the APA Style, and demonstrate accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation
Do the following when responding to your peers:
- Read your peers’ answers.
- Provide substantive comments by
- contributing new, relevant information from course readings, Web sites, or other sources;
- building on the remarks or questions of others; or
- sharing practical examples of key concepts from your professional or personal experiences
- Respond to feedback on your posting and provide feedback to other students on their ideas.
- Make sure your writing
- is clear, concise, and organized;
- demonstrates ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and
- displays accurate spelling