For this project, you will identify a case study and then develop a nutritional care plan forthe client associated with thatcase. You should begin working on your project in advance of Week 5 as you construct the details ofyour case. The completed nutritional care plan foryour client is due in Week 10.
Please read this entire document togain understanding ofthe project scope and those tasksyou will complete. This project will take you several weeks to complete. Do not delay beginning the work on this project.
Project tasks tobecompletedinWeek: 5
- Choose from one ofthe following stages: pregnancy, infancy and childhood, adolescence, adulthood, and old age.
- List the specific nutrition issues affecting individuals in yourselected stage.
- Choose a disease or medical condition thatcould possibly, or commonly, affectyour individual. This could be anything ranging from diabetes tocirrhosis.
- Using the ABCDs ofnutritional assessment, create a case study based on an actual client or patient. You can also make one up. Include the
following in your case study:
(i). Anthropometrics, relevant biochemical tests,clinical assessment, and dietary intake analysis.
- Be sure toinclude a list ofcommon medications thatmay be usedto treatyour patient’s condition and identify potential herb/nutrient/drug
interactions thatmay be relevant.
- Identify your client’s cultural background and give clues as totheir socioeconomic statusand psychosocial variables. For example, your
patient may be a senior living alone on a fixed income or might be living in